This week on my webpage I added a few things to the parent link, so that my parents will have more information about our class. I know that as the next school year begins there will be more things that I will need to add and will do that as the time comes. On the student page I added several links for them. Some of them are links they are familiar with at school and some are other links to interactive sites they may want to explore at home. These links are organized into those two different categories. I also made the links buttons on Weebly because I thought it would be more intriguing for the younger kids and easier to manipulate.
There were some other things I changed as well in terms of formatting. On my links that were yellow I underlined them so that they would stand out as links. There were also some issues I noticed on each page with the size of the text. So I had to go in and make everything consistent.
I think the most fun thing I did was on my Student page and was the activity I made up that they can do at home. Keep in mind that this is first grade, so I had to point out at the very beginning that the activity had to be done with an adult. My activity is to read an on level text, determine the title, author and illustrator and why they liked the book. Then they are to create a VOKI character and in one minute record their voice explaining the above mentioned things to the VOKI. Lastly, they are to share it with me through email. Then we could share them in class AND I can actually create a new page under the Student page to start a collection of them!
My next step is to determine what needs to be on my Home page. I plan to go back to some of the websites we looked at in the first classes assignment to get some ideas on what is appropriate for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment