Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Journal 5

I am glad that in this class I learned about picture formats and sizing.  I have always known about the different file types: jpeg, gif, bmp, tiff.  In the past I have just used whatever "worked best" when it came to picture files.  I also didn't know much about picture size, and I definitely didn't know how to change their size so that they would be emailed and downloaded easier!

 I also didn't realize there were so many mechanics that went into website design, besides just user friendliness and the aesthetics of the site.
Here are some of the the specific things I considered/changed in my website:
-I made subpages under my "Parent" page.  This helped with the organization and simplicity of the site and made it so that users wouldn't have to scroll through a ton of content on just one page.  With the subpages, I am able to break it down and make it more accessible.  With this change, I was also considering the Chunking aspect, by placing the objects that relate together.
-I did add more documents and links to my parent page, I even think I could find more.  I also know that in the beginning of next school year I will add more of the documents we send home at the beginning of the year for parents.
-I changed the header also, to make it so users don't have to scroll down much to reach the content.  I have the full size header on the "Home" page, but have taken it off completely from the other pages.
-Lastly, a small change, was changing the colors of the links.  They were blue and I thought I needed to keep with the color scheme I was using; therefore, I changed them to yellow.

I am excited to complete my "Student" page next.  I think with that one I will have subpages as well.  With the interactive sites that we put on Diigo, there will be plenty of sites I can add for my students.

Also,  I have a question Dr. Gibson.  Why when I posted pictures of my wire frame and site map in one of my previous posts, can they not be seen?



2 comments:

  1. Where did you post your wireframe, Samantha? I'll take a look. ON this page: http://mrsbonnersbuzz.weebly.com/helping-your-first-grader.html, I would bold the name of the websites you have suggested for parents under summer reading. I was a little worried about yellow links as they aren't much contrast, but I think yours are probably ok and they do fit in with your color scheme. I would like to know how you found that theme, and would you share that on Tuesday night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted the screen shot of the wire frame and site map a few posts ago on this blog.

    ReplyDelete